I'M LIKING TRUCKS

I'M LIKING TRUCKS

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Look Who's Driving --

Just like my friend Jerry is ALWAYS telling me, "you never know where you're going to find a truck", well in this instance, "you never know who's driving it".

I have a couple of older post on the 1940's movie "THEY DRIVE BY NIGHT" with Humphrey Bogart and George Raft  so the story is known. So, as the late Paul Harvey would say -- "and now for the rest of the story".


Also, since we are back on the subject of  "THEY DRIVE BY NIGHT", there was this model that was used for about 90 seconds in the movie. It was a 1/4 scale exact duplicate of the 1922 Sterling that Bogey and Raft drove in the movie. This model was recently in the possession of a gentleman out in California, and can be seen in the book "MOVING THE GOODS" by Ron Kowalke. This model recently went up for auction and was expected to bring $10-15,000. It sold for ---1922 Sterling Truck Model with Humphrey Bogart Sold For $24,750.

And all I got is a picture ---






No comments:

Post a Comment

If posting as anonymous, PLEASE send me an e-mail so I can get back to you.