I'M LIKING TRUCKS

I'M LIKING TRUCKS

Monday, June 10, 2013

Gilmore Streamliner --- UPDATE

Thanks to someone I only know as "GILMORE", his handle on JUST OLD TRUCKS, the 1935 Gilmore has been POSITIVELY identified as a WHITE ---

NOW READ THIS!!!


Most likely candidate would be this WHITE COE from 1935 --



Also identified is the driver in this picture of the Gilmore/Mobiloil truck --





The man in the photo is A. F. Bach, long time employee of the Gilmore Co. He worked for Gilmore for more than 20 yrs and then for Mobil, after the merger with Gilmore in 1945. In the 1930's, Bach was the assistant to Gilmore engineer E. J. Sanders. Bach appears in many racing related photos from Bonneville to Daytona (Fla), from Ascot to Indy, filling up Gilmore cars with gas/oil.


Until I know your name -- THANK YOU "GILMORE"!!!


Update 06/11/13 -- "GILMORE" is Jeremey Gilmore, amateur (so he says) Gilmore Oil historian and collector. 



1 comment:

  1. Having driven Mack models (B61-711 and B83 250 Cummins) 3 millions miles over 10 years it is very hard not to continue to love them. Ernie B.

    ReplyDelete

If posting as anonymous, PLEASE send me an e-mail so I can get back to you.